CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 17, 2007

Is this what christmas is all about?


So it is getting closer and closer to Christmas and I am just not feeling that Christmas Spirit. It seems that lately this time of year comes with more stress then cheer. Work slows down and money gets short and all I want to do is make sure my children have a good Christmas. Don't get me wrong we are doing ok but I can't help thinking that some things could be better. I remember when I was a kid Christmas was always the best time of the year for me, but as i get older it seems to have lost its luster. I know that I just need to stop worrying about the worldly aspect of Christmas and just make sure we have a good time as a family and remember what the holiday is really about. I know the kids will enjoy their gifts and we will have a great time at my parents on Christmas day, I just hope that within the next week now that our shopping is done I can really get into the Christmas spirit like I once did.

3 comments:

kim said...

I think in growing up and having to do all the work, the shopping. decorating, wrapping, baking, cleaning and all the extras that make Christmas so special, it loses it's luster a bit. Wouldn't it be nice to a kid again and have all the done by someone else? Where all you have to really do is countdown to Christmas and then get up really early?

It is fun to watch the kids and see the joy in their faces.

Love the Charlie Brown tree!!!!

Julie Carr said...

Well Christams here seems to be coming and going all at once. I told Chuck that we should celebrate in January because the boys have no idea what day it is (with home schooling)> But they seem to know. Just think no matter how many present the kids always love what they get.

arah said...

That is a sad little tree!
I agree with Kim, Christmas loses it's luster as you get older and have to do all the work. Hope you guys have a great Christmas...the best part is watching your kids faces while opening gifts anyway.